PRACTICE UPDATE – we are now open in Newport and Newbridge
Firstly, can we say that we hope you have all kept well and safe during this challenging time. We want to say a massive thank you for all your patience and understanding in supporting our practices.
Our Newport practice has remained open throughout as an emergency and essential care ‘Hub’ for the area and has been incredibly busy. As a Hub we have been taking care of our regular patients, but we have also helped patients across Newport and the surrounding area, as we volunteered to help reduce pressure on the NHS during this crisis.
In total, we have
– treated almost 200 patients with emergency eye conditions
– telephone triaged over 100 patients to give advice and protect our eye care service.
– repaired over 350 pairs of spectacles
We have also been busy in our Newbridge practice, telephone triaging over 100 patients.
Following the latest guidelines, we are now permitted to plan a controlled return to our normal services, but you will notice a few changes in practice. Initially, we have been instructed to prioritise our patients with emergency or essential eye care needs, but we are now permitted to see patients that may have suffered problems with their sight and spectacles during lockdown. If this is you, please get in touch. We hope to return to seeing our patients on a routine basis very soon, but please bear with us until this is possible.
You will also notice some physical changes in practice, so please don’t be offended or alarmed, as we are doing our best to keep everyone safe. These changes include:
– a locked door policy, so we can only see patients who have arranged an appointment first
– social distancing in practice
– protective screens in reception
– fewer chairs in the waiting area
– hand gel to sanitise on entering and exiting
– staff in full PPE
– no magazines or leaflet available
– fewer appointments available due to ensuring practice hygiene and disinfection
– restricted use of our toilets
All we ask when patients visit the practice is to only attend the practice if you are symptom free of Covid-19. Please attend as close as possible to your appointment time, and please come alone and with minimal possessions. If you need assistance in attending, or are the parent of a child attending, please telephone the practice for more information.
Once again, we want to thank you for all your support and understanding and we’ll keep you posted on all our latest developments, but we are now open.
Please get in touch if you have any concerns on your eye health or spectacles and we look forward to seeing you all soon.
Take care and stay safe
Everyone at F L Wangler Opticians